Saturday, August 25, 2012

Be Encouraged Today


There are hints of orange and yellow beginning to turn up on the leaves surrounding our home. I am in love! In time, it will completely erupt into a sea of autumn bliss! Visually, I am ecstatic. Internally, I am reminded of a truth. 

Life brings changes. Life has seasons. If you focus merely on the fact that things are different or that change has occurred, you might miss the beauty of the season. Again, I understand this concept well, but do I always live it out? Sadly, no; but I am working at it.

This morning I was encouraged as I was reading in Colossians 1 and 2. God’s LIVING Word always speaks to you right where you need it, doesn’t it? Colossians 1:23 states, “You must continue to believe this truth and stand firmly in it. Don’t drift away from the assurance you received when you heard the Good News.”

A friend of mine, her sister, and their families, are going through an immense amount of pain right now as they wait for their mom to heal from septic shock, a thyroid storm, loss of consciousness, internal infections, heart issues, and more. I couldn’t imagine this kind of agony. She is hanging on, but only God knows the end to the story. What they wouldn't give for more time and more seasons with their mom...Won't you join me in prayer for her healing? Pray for my dear friend and her sister and loved ones. Pray for the doctor’s wisdom and sharp hands. 

I am encouraged knowing my troubles are only temporary. This season I will choose to turn to God when the lies seep in. Oh, there will be days when I’d rather whine and stay down, but I will be reminded when I re read these words, and through support and encouragement from you, that God’s truth is transforming and oh so encouraging. 

“We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better” (Colossians 1: 9-10). This is my focus and my goal.

Here’s to a new season. Happy fall everyone!

2 comments:

  1. friend, you write beautifully! so glad you are here blogging :)
    and what a great reminder this was, thankful for the God we worship.
    love you <3

    ReplyDelete